I was pretty psyched when I learned that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award by my friend Jessica over at BARE! First of all, because I love Jessica's site... it's all about Being Actively Real Everywhere, which as you know, goes right along with what we love here at Live a F.a.s.t. Life too! But also, because it is my first blogger's award. Yay!
The Liebster Award also means a lot to me because it's for bloggers, by bloggers. Like Jessica said with her awesome #CommunityOverCompetition hashtag, I am all about bloggers supporting one another instead of competing with one another. That's why I like to feature some of these awesome ladies on Live a F.a.s.t. Life whenever I can!
We're all trying to make a difference and inspire others... so why do anything but support and encourage one another!
So, with that said... here we go!
11 Facts About Me:
- I was born on the Fourth of July.
- I have a "Rainman"-like talent where I can pull the exact amount that I need out of a pile of something (envelopes, bags, etc.) It's weird but it happens every time.
- I had an imaginary friend when I was little named Old Man Pappahanus.
- I love watching UFC fights.
- I don't know how to swim (yet).
- I used to be really good at "mental math" when I was in elementary school.
- The first concert I ever went to was Bon Jovi.
- I was an art history major for a short period of time.
- I will stop to save ANY animal ANYwhere.
- I love playing Guitar Hero.
- I've always wanted to go to Belgium (although I don't know why).
11 Answers to Jessica's Questions:
1. How long did you think about starting your blog before you actually started it?
I've actually had a blog since like 2007, but it was originally called "Jenn's Jottings" and I barely posted on it. When I finally decided to get serious about it in 2013, I pretty much launched it right away (as soon as I finished learning how to design it in SquareSpace!).
2. What empowered you to start your blog?
I started Live a F.a.s.t. Life after my mom passed away in 2013. I was motivated to "clean up" my own life after watching her run out of time. So I did physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. But I didn't want to stop there... I wanted to inspire others to do the same thing and get the most out of life while they can!
3. What have you been struggling with as a blogger?
Having enough time to do everything! I am not just a blogger, I'm also a freelance writer and a pet-sitter/dog-walker, so a lot of times, I feel like there isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do!
4. who is your everyday superhero?
5. How does your online life affect your offline life? and vice versa?
I don't really think my online life affects my offline life. My online life is affected a lot though by my offline life - I tend to get a lot of the inspiration for my blog posts from things that are happening in my real life.
6. if you have one, what is your favorite hashtag?
I don't have one. But I did see #movethatbus on a picture of a light fixture that someone on Twitter replaced and I thought it was hilarious.
7. What is your reason for blogging/building your own online community?
I want to inspire people to "clean up" their lives by downsizing their belongings, cleaning up their diets and products, and getting emotionally and spiritually healthy.
8. what is your favorite thing about blogging that you have experienced thus far?
I LOVE the messages that I received from readers where they spill their hearts to me, share their struggles and tell me how I have helped, encouraged or inspired them.
9. if you could re-start your blog journey all over, what would you do differently?
I don't think I'd really do anything differently. I feel like everything has unfolded the way it was supposed to!
10. how do you keep yourself motivated all day, every day?
By focusing on the fact that I am doing what I love and that I want to make a difference in people's lives!
11. Have any advice to newbie bloggers or people considering to be all about this blogger lifestyle?
As cliched as it sounds, to follow your passion. Write about what you know and what you love. Keep at it, be persistent and don't give up. And don't be afraid to reach out to those that are a little further ahead of you on the blogging road... you might make some great collaborations and some great friendships!
11 Questions for the Nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- How did you come up with the name?
- What is your favorite board game?
- Have any weird hidden talents?
- Where is your favorite place you have traveled to?
- Who inspires you?
- What's the first thing on your bucket list? (If you don't have one, what would it be?)
- How do you practice self care?
- Are you a night owl or a morning person?
- What has been the hardest part of blogging for you so far?
- What are your future business and blogging goals?
And the Nominees are...
- The Purposeful Housewife
- Beginner Beans
- Sincere Spaces
- Heart & Moxie
- Vegan Yoga Life
- Alyssa Coleman Wellness
- Little Home Cookbook
- Be a Warrior Queen
- Nymph in the Woods
- French Bliss Me
Thank you all for putting awesome content out there and keep up the good work!! XOXO